United Way of Jasper County is focused on results. We require our funded community partner agencies to submit a 6 month review of their programs. We asked them to tell us and you about their challenges and their achievements to date. Here are some of the results and just a few examples of where your United Way donation is going, and the impact you are making on the community:
- Visits with caregivers show that 100% of the caregivers indicate that the United Way grant funds relieve financial stress and relieve them of worrying about how their loved one would get to Willowbrook.
- 90% of individuals were relieved of food insecurity or hunger due to food pantry usage at the Salvation Army.
- 93% of students that participated in the Elementary Literacy program through RSVP improved their reading skills by one grade level by the end of the spring term.
- There have been 3 kids involved in therapy and 100% of them can talk about how their mom is changing as a result of developing parenting skills they received at Clearview Recovery through their Single Parenting program.
- 82% of students had an increase in self-confidence after being matched with a "Big" through Big Brothers Big Sisters.
100% of the 14 disaster victims who needed Red Cross assistance have had their emergency needs met with food, clothing, housing, health care and/or counseling.
- 85% of participants in the Home & Community Based program through Progress Industries have demonstrated progress made toward community independence as relates to activities such as banking, leisure, shopping and socialization.